Why Buy a Vehicle History Report?
Besides your home, the purchase of a vehicle is probably the most expensive item you'll ever buy. When buying used, it can be difficult to determine whether the vehicle you think you're about to purchase (a trustworthy vehicle that will last for years) is exactly what you're going to end up with. Some questions you might ask yourself include:
- Has an accident ever been reported on the vehicle?
- How many people have owned this vehicle?
- Has the vehicle been damaged by floods, fires, hail or other natural disaster?
- Is the mileage on the odometer accurate?
- Has the vehicle ever been recalled?
- Was the vehicle used as a service vehicle (police car, taxi, etc.)?
- Has the vehicle ever had a branded title (e.g., junked, salvaged or rebuilt)?
- Was the vehicle ever repossessed or stolen?
- Has the vehicle ever been sold at auction?
- Is there a lien on the vehicle?
How can you get an answer to any of these questions?
No matter what, you should always have the used vehicle you plan to buy examined by a certified mechanic to make sure any possible issues are diagnosed and resolved before you spend your money. Equally important is to obtain a review of the vehicle's history, which you can get by running an AutoCheck vehicle history report.
For many used-car shoppers, a key question is, "Has an accident been reported on this car?" Experian's AccidentCheck on the AutoCheck vehicle history report now helps you answer that question with greater confidence. This accident data represents a wealth of information that can be used to help you decide on the car that's right for you. Check below for more ways AutoCheck vehicle history reports help you:
- AUTOCHECK MOBILE: Get FREE access to vehicle history delivered to your iPhone or Android mobile device when you buy from AutoCheck.
- EXCLUSIVE DATA: Auction-announced frame damage that can only be found on AutoCheck® vehicle history reports.
- BETTER VALUE THAN CARFAX®: Buy a SINGLE REPORT FOR UNDER $30 or get an UNLIMITED REPORT PACKAGE.
- AUTOCHECK SCORE®: Every report includes an AutoCheck Score®, a number you can use to easily evaluate a car's history and compare multiple cars.
- EXPERIAN STRENGTH: AutoCheck® is part of Experian, a trusted global leader in information services focused on helping consumers make the best financial and purchasing decisions.
The information we supply to over 10,000 dealerships is the same information found in the AutoCheck vehicle history report. You can know what the experts know when you purchase a report from AutoCheck.
Finally, your report also includes the AutoCheck Score, which allows you to tell how a vehicle measures up against others of the same make and model at a glance. You can always explore the wealth of information that AutoCheck provides, but to save time and compare quickly, you can't do better than the AutoCheck Score.
No matter which package you choose, AutoCheck vehicle history reports deliver available information on accidents, odometer rollbacks, lemon vehicles, branded titles and other valuable information. Our vast database pulls vehicle information from all 50 states and the information is built and managed by Experian, a leading expert in credit and automotive data services.
Don't waste your money by paying too much for a vehicle history report! Buy an AutoCheck vehicle history report today.
* Prices compared on AutoCheck® and Carfax® websites on 11/9/10.